- Cook rice in rice cooker. If no rice cooker is available, put rice and water into a large heavy saucepan. Heat water and rice until boiling then immediately turn down and simmer for approximately 20-25 mins. or until soft and water is evaporated.
- Boil soy sauce, sugar and rice wine. After it boils, turn off flame.
- Cut SPAM into 1/4 in. wide slices or use a SPAM Slicer if you have one. Fry in pan. Soak fried SPAM in soy sauce mixture.
- Line a SPAM Musubi Maker with sushi nori so that both sides stick straight up. Spread cooked rice across bottom of SPAM Musubi Maker, on top of nori - 1/4 inch high.
- Sprinkle furukaki on top of rice. Place two pieces of SPAM in SPAM Musubi Maker on top of rice. SPAM should cover most of the length of the SPAM Musubi Maker Spread more cooked rice on top of spam - 1/4 in. high.
- Sprinkle furukaki on top of rice. Fold over one side of the nori. Use musubi maker insert to press down on top of nori, rice and SPAM. Fold over other side of nori and press down.
- Remove musubi log from SPAM Musubi Maker. Cut to your desired length.