4-6 cups water to just cover the brisket.
2 ½ - 4 lbs point cut corned beef brisket with spice packet
3 garlic cloves, smashed and coarsely chopped
2 bay leaves
4 carrots , cut into 3 inch pieces
1 head cabbage , cut into 6 wedges
6-8 peeled and quartered potatoes
3 peeled and quartered turnips or celery (any additional veggies you enjoy)
1 round onion quartered into wedges (optional)
horseradish sauce (optional)
- Pour water into pressure cooker.
- Add brisket; over high heat, bring water to a rolling boil.
- Skim residue from surface and spice packet.
- Add garlic and bay leaves and secure lid.
- Over high heat, bring to high pressure.
- Reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook 45mins to 1 hour. Check for tenderness. If you overcook it the meat will fall apart into shreds and we don't want that. You'll want a soft tender intact slices of corned beef.
- Release pressure according to manufacturer's directions and remove lid.
- Add vegetables to brisket and liquid, stirring gently.
- Secure and lock lid over high heat, bring steam to high pressure.
- Reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook 6 minutes.
- Release pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Remove lid. Cool pressure cooker over running water after releasing pressure valve.
- Plate dish and serve with bread/rolls with butter or how we kaukau in Hawaii with hot steamed rice!
- Simple and fast. Crockpot cooking is for people who want to wait. Not me I want to cook fast and kaukautime!! LOL :D
Serve with horseradish sauce or yellow mustard. In Hawaii we also got shoyu or soy sauce with tobasco sauce mixed together instead of the yellow mustard or horseradish sauce. Get da rice let kaukau now!!
Ok let's kaukau!! It's St Patrick's Day!! :D Enjoy! God bless!