Grilled cheese sandwiches are one of the best things about growing up. I'm having flashbacks just thinking about it! You want one huh? All the gooey delicious melted cheese is flooding you with memories right? Mom used to make grilled cheese with Campbell's Tomato soup for us on summer days when school was out. We'd come in from play for lunch and we'd see the soup and sandwiches along with a glass of milk and Frito-Lay's Corn Chips smiling at us.
4 slices of whole grain wheat bread or white
1/4 to 1/2 block of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Original
4 slices of Kraft American Singles
electric skillet griddle or large frying pan
- Heat frying pan until a drop of water sizzles
- Add 1/4 block of butter to pan and melt it all over, lower heat do not burn butter
- Dip each slice in the melted butter until coated evenly and lay flat on pan to toast brown
- After each slice is brown turn over and immediately add 2 slices of cheese onto hot toasted buttered side of 2 slices. Sandwich the other toasted slices over the cheese to melt it.
- Use spatula to flatten and turn over sandwiches to make each side toast evenly.
- Serve hot right of the pan.
- Serves 2 people or one Reggie :)
Enjoy!! Kaukau time! Don't forget the cold milk, tomato soup and corn chips!! :D