Friday, July 08, 2005

Italian Style Eggplant by Aurora

On my lunchbreak my wife called my cell and told me where I was. I told her I was at the bank and returning the videos at Blockbuster Video. She asked me if I was coming home to lunch. I said yes and she said she had a suprise for me. She cooked something. hmmmmm :)

When I got home she brought this plate to me on the kitchen table. I was suprised and shocked! It looked like she bought it from a fine dining restaurant. She immediately wanted me to taste how it was. It was so ono!! I told her it look like she got it from a restaurant. And the filling she made in the pot looked like kaldereta that her dad is a master of! :D

It was Italian Style Eggplant!! :D wooo hoooooooooo Her plating presentation was so cute and clean I was tickled.

Her family wouldn't believe she can cook. It's in her now. :)

Here is her recipe:

Italian Style Eggplant

Ingredients:

  • 3 large eggplants
  • 4 cloves of garlic crushed and minced
  • 1 medium onion, sliced chopped fine
  • 2 lbs. ground pork
  • 1 medium carrot cute into tiny cubes
  • 1 can italian style spaghetti sauce
  • 4 stalks geen onion, chopped
  • 1/4 cup grated cheese

Instructions:

  1. Cut eggplants lengthwise in half. Scrape out "meat" of eggplant, leaving 1/8" thick skin. Dice scooped meat. Boil skin for 2 minutes. Set aside.
  2. Saute' garlic, onion and pork in oil. Add carrot, diced eggplant and spaghetti sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes or until cooked.
  3. Stir in half of the green onions. Fill each eggplant skin with meat mixture. Top with remaining green onions and cheese. Bake for 10 minutes in oven at 450 degrees F to melt cheese before serving.

Serves 6

No comments: